Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Single Man

Well I'm really excited about seeing A Single Man this weekend. Tom Form (ex Gucci creative director) will be making his directorial debut so it will be interesting to see how his transition from fashion to movies goes.

Set in the 60s, the story revolves around a ageing gay professor played by Colin Firth. The movie also stars Julianne Moore, and has already won an accolade of awards - so I have big expectations.

If the story line fails me, the movie is likely to not disappoint with pretty cinematography and clean 60's fashions - I heard Nicholas Hault of About A Boy/Skins fame runs around in a bold choice baby pink mohair sweater. I wonder if this movie will influence current fashions, I've already seen some 60's streamlined fashions from the Spring/Summer 2010 lines at Bryant Park...

++ A Single Man ++
(Colin Firth + Julianne Moore)

(Nicholas Hault)


 ++ 60's Inspired Fashions ++

(Maria Grachvogel Spring/Summer 2010)



x

2 comments:

  1. wow, is that the kid from about a boy? He turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep it is, he's not too bad huh? ;) altho a little too pretty in pink in that photo

    ReplyDelete