Friday, February 19, 2010

The God's Must Be Crazy

Quite a few African references have been popping up in the last few months, and the latest (when I say "latest" it was 2 months ago, but I'm slow..) being news of ASOS creating their Spring/Summer 2010 collection using SOKO, a small production unit in Kenya. SOKO aims to create sustainable, fair employment and offer training and skills to some of Kenya's poorest people. Props to ASOS for taking that intiative!

Hearing news of that reminded me of some other great african inspired prints that popped up in spring 2010 and Fall 2010 collections at Bryant Park…






But look who did it a whole year before?


(Tina Kalivas - "Polyrhythms" 2009)

Hmm.. makes me want to burn all the black clothes in my wardrobe.
x

2 comments:

  1. the design on the alexander mcqueen looks alot like the broken fab one on the left- but they're both still different and awesomely hot! i want some african love too, althoug hsome of the prints look dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant believe ur commenting so much. i want your babies.. almost. brokenfab actually looks v diff to me, altho i'd wear it all.

    ReplyDelete